Orchard Named to Fintech 250 List at Future of Fintech 2017
We’re honored that CB Insights named Orchard Platform to their Fintech 250 list, announced this morning to coincide with the beginning of The Future of Fintech 2017 event, happening today and tomorrow (June 27-28) in NYC.
“The financial services industry will see more change in the next 10 years than it has in the last 100. And that transformation is being driven by a group of smart insurgent startup companies. The Fintech 250 are the most promising of these insurgents. They are bringing emerging technologies and business models to financial services that will permanently change the way we handle money and do business,” said CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal.
Quick facts on the Fintech 250:
- These 250 emerging private companies have raised $14B across 240 deals in 2016.
- Applications of their technology include breakthroughs in insurance, lending, payments, human resources, real estate, and much more.
- More than 2,000 companies were nominated or applied for the Fintech 250 (only 8% were selected).
- Ribbit Capital has backed 17 of the Fintech 250 companies, while Andreesen Horowitz and Goldman Sachs backed 9.
- Twenty-three Fintech 250 companies have reached a valuation of $1B or more.
- 23 countries are represented among the Fintech 250 companies.
Orchard Platform, along with the rest of the companies on the list, are being recognized for their innovative technology in front of an audience of 1000 senior executives from around the world and news outlets including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Reuters and Bloomberg.
About The Future of Fintech
The Future of Fintech is a gathering of some of the world’s largest financial institutions, best fintech startups, and most active venture investors.
For more information about the Fintech 250, visit:
To learn more about CB Insights’ Future of Fintech, go here: http://events.cbinsights.com/future-of-fintech